When the cold weather starts to roll in and fuzzy sweaters are pulled out of closets, I always start to feel a little too content and cozy. My motivation usually starts to deteriorate this time of year, but I have been determined to keep it high and heavy this season.
I sat down at the end of September (knowing I was about to feel a dip in my motivation and energy) and came up with the following list to keep myself on track and motivated. I have been implementing them ever since, and can proudly report to you.. I HAVE NOT LOST MOTIVATION *mostly, lol.
- Set goals, short and long term. Display these somewhere you will see them frequently to keep yourself on track and working towards them.
- Visualize where you want to be by the and of the year, keep the vision in mind.
- Stay organized, or reorganize. Whip out your pretty colored pens, stickies, planner, and calendar and clean up your schedule. Organize your to-do’s and notes into easy to read and check off lists you can easily locate.
- Remember that balance is key. Fun and work can coexist.
- Periodically check in with your personal growth and mental health. Take note on where you’re at, how you feel, why you feel this way. Where do you want to be with your mental health by the end of the year?
- Check in with your fitness, exercise, and overall wellness. Set your sights on your end goal.
- Note where your monetary aspects are and plan and budget as needed.
- Check in with yourself periodically throughout this time. Keep track of your progress and what goals you’re accomplishing.
- Be honest with yourself. Understand that you may be the negative influence in your own life, but by acknowledging that, you’ve already taken about ten strides in the right direction.
Staying motivated and excited for what’s to come is one of the best feelings.
Get out there and kill the game.
with all the love and positive vibrations sent your way,